top of page

Developmental Permits

What you need to know .....

The Municipality has a Zoning Bylaw in place which describes when a Development Permit is needed (Bylaw 180 / 08).  The Administrator is the Development Officer responsible for the administration of the bylaw.  Every person shall apply for a Development Permit before commencing any development within the Municipality.  Although there are instances when a permit is not required (farm buildings except houses or house additions) it is the Development Officer’s opinion that every person shall complete a Development Permit Application so that the Development Officer may be assured that set-backs, permission etc are adhered to.  Section 2 – Administration in the Zoning Bylaw should be referred to for the exact details of Development Permits.  In the RM of Martin there is no charge for a Development Permit and there is not a building inspector.

bottom of page